Rawhide Sheath Construction Set: Basic & Advanced (2 DVD Set)
Obtain both of these Volumes together for almost 6 hours of instruction.
Vol 1: Basic Rawhide Sheath Construction (2 DVDs, 3 hours and 42 minutes):
Have you ever wanted to make a frontier style rawhide covered sheath but just didn’t know how? Here's all the information you’ll need to get started!
Watch as frontier style knife maker and leather worker John Cohea takes you through the whole process. From the initial sheath design to the finished sheath, it’s all here in this information packed DVD set!
John will guide you through the following:
* The types of leather and tools used,
* Designing the sheath,
* Cutting out the leather and rawhide,
* Working with fringe,
* Dyeing the sheath’s parts,
* Test fitting the knife,
* Sewing the sheath together,
* Adding brass spots, beads, and tin cones,
* Finishing out the sheath.
(Running Time: 3 Hours 42 Minutes).
Vol 2: Advanced Rawhide Sheath Construction (1 DVD, 2 hours and 15 minutes)
Watch John as he builds another frontier style sheath from start to finish and as he incorporates various advanced techniques into the finished sheath. As a bonus, John also demonstrates how to sew up a center seam sheath.
Some of the techniques that John demonstrates are:
* Sheath Design and the Parts
* Making a Snake Skin Belt Loop
* Making and Using Rawhide Laces
* Sewing Fringe into the Seam
* Making a Copper Concho
* Making a Decorative Copper Band
* Sewing up the Center Seam Sheath
This DVD was filmed in HD and is
(Running Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes)