Saint Joseph Statue - Made in Italy, Hand Painted, 8.6’ Inches
· Entirely hand painted by skilled Italian artisans.
· Made in Lucca (Tuscany, Italy) by the Pasquini family.
· The Pasquini family’s hand painted statues can be found in churches, shrines, monasteries, and private homes all over the world.
· Includes certificate of origin.
· Size: 8.6’ Inches.
· Patron saint of fathers, carpenters, and all workers in general.
This beautiful statue depicting Saint Joseph was made by the Pasquini family in the small town of Ghivizzano – Coreglia, just outside Lucca. With a lifetime of experience, these skillful artisans have perfected their craft and bring us highly detailed and meticulously hand painted statues, using 100 % italian materials. Every box comes with a certificate of origin, written both in Italian and English.
Saint Joseph: Not much is said about Joseph, the father of Jesus, in the Gospels, but the Bible speaks of him as a “just man”. While doubt arises concerning his genealogy, tradition describes Joseph as a hard worker and St. Bernardine of Siena reminds us that “He was chosen by the eternal Father as the trustworthy guardian and protector of his greatest treasures, namely, his divine Son and Mary, Joseph’s wife. He carried out this vocation with complete fidelity until at last God called him, saying: ‘Good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord’”. Saint Joseph is the patron saint of fathers, carpenters, and all workers in general and in 1870 was declared Saint and Protector of the Catholic Church by Pope Pius IX.