How To Service Your Own Tube Amp by Tom Mitchell
By amp repairman and guru Tom Mitchell.
Learn basic amplifier servicing skills taught by a pro technician!
This illustrated workbook explains basic amplifier electronics, servicing skills, maintenance tips, troubleshooting and simple modifications. Speakers, test gear, tools, voltage charts and schematics are demystified.
For Fender, Marshall and many other popular amps. Includes diagnostic charts; explanations of components, electronics and amp functions; maintenance and troubleshooting tips, and simple modifications you can make.
- Contents in brief
- Electronics fundamentals
- Resistors, capacitors, inductors and transformers
- Tubes and semiconductors
- Amp basics and biasing
- Tools, soldering and multimeter use
- How to read schematics
- Maintenance checklist
- Voltage charts; troubleshooting flowcharts
- International voltages and plugs
- Voltage charts for over 32 amps: Ampeg, Fender, Gretsch, HiWatt, Laney, Marshall, Peavey, Randall, Traynor, and Vox