The U.S. M1911/M1911A1 Pistols and Commercial M1911 Type Pistols - A Shop Manual Volume 2 by Jerry Kuhnhausen
Volume 2 adds to, but does not replace Kuhnhausen's original Volume 1.
600 new drawings, graphics & photos specially produced for this superb new book. Volume 2 continues on where Volume 1 leaves off. And, Volume 2 has even more:
More on basic pistol function; more on design theory; more parts data; more on parts fitting; more on barrel fitting; more on accurizing; more on reliability; and more on everything...
Expanded edition - 207 pages with plastic laminated soft cover.
207 pages of brand new & updated material-
This is not a revision of Volume 1- and not a rehash of old military manuals!
This superbook is absolutely loaded with new & updated material, parts dimensions & hardness specs, and the nuts and bolts tech data required to dimensionally inspect, restore, repair & build super accurate, super reliable, "blueprint" quality carry and competition grade M1911's.
With Kuhnhausen's original Volume 1 and the new Volume 2 you have in hand more practical M1911 info & tech data than ever before published in the entire history of the U.S. M1911 & M1911A1 Pistols!
Volume 2 is the ultimate tech data manual for all M1911, M1911A1 & M1911 type Pistols-
A few of the highlights from this incredible book:
- Basic M1911 & M1911A1 Pistol design & operating theory
- M1911 design safety features
- Fully detailed and illustrated basic design function and cycle of operation section
- Bench function checks and disassembly/reassembly
- Full parts visual inspection data
- Full parts dimensional inspection data with-
all critical ordnance parts dimensional specifications (the only M1911&A1 specs there ever were)
- Ordnance specified steels and specified parts hardnesses
- Basic tool and inspection gauge data
- Correct barrel and parts fit, including correct static and dynamic barrel clearance
- Building/assembling standard and improved performance M1911/M1911A1 Pistols
- Building/assembling accurized & optimum performance competition grade M1911's
- And a whole lot more...
Copyright 1997, 3rd ed., revised 2008